Philip Chee wrote:
On 22/11/2014 10:16, Paul Bergsagel wrote:
The search deal between Google and Mozilla which provided funding for
Mozilla has expired and is not being renewed. A new search deal has been
stuck with Yahoo. Will the Yahoo search deal provide enough long term
funding for Mozilla to keep development going. My fear is that the new
deal with Yahoo means the slow demise of SeaMonkey (and Firefox).

I don't think you need to worry about this. The previous search contract
with Google gave Mozilla a revenue stream of approximately US $300
million. Mozilla has not announced details of the new agreement but most
financial analysts think that it should be in the same ballpark.

Phil

Maybe, but with two struggling companies, Yahoo and Mozilla, each going into the deal hoping the other company will provide the necessary strength to keep both companies afloat--how long can such a deal last?