bobhur...@hurterconsult.com wrote on 12/10/2014 9:51 AM:
Seamonkey has been my main browser/email since the Netscape days and generally
works very well.

I updated to Seamonkey 2.31 from 2.30 and then it crashed. Whenever I tried
opening it, it crashed and a problem window came up.  I uninstalled 2.31 and
then reinstalled it from a downloaded version off the Seamonkey web site.  I
still could not open it - was getting the same crash message.

I then uninstalled 2.31 and installed 2.30 using a version downloaded from the
Seamonkey web site.  The 2.30 is working normally.

Anyone else have this problem?

Did you try 2.31 in Safe Mode? That would tell you if an add-on incompatibility is at fault.

--
Ed Mullen
http://edmullen.net/