This evening, I cleared all private data (including cache and cookies), and then visited nhl.com.

Immediately after aborting their troublesome javascript,* I inspected my cookies and discovered that google.com had set a cookie.

Now, my cookie policy at Edit | Preferences | Privacy & Security | Cookies is "Allow cookies for the originating website only (no third-party cookies)."

So how was Google able to set a cookie if I never visited their site?

It's bad enough that they update their dossier on me when I visit their own sites, do they have to do it everywhere else, too?\

More to the point, how can I set SeaMonkey to do as it says and block third-party cookies?

* -- They have a series of annoying scripts that grind SM to a halt and must be aborted before the site becomes usable. The URLs are constantly changing; today's version was at <http://cdn.nhle.com/projects/ice3-ui/com.nhl.ice3.ui.t5.components/GlobalPageImports/dist/js/GlobalPageImports.min.js?v=8.9:1>. And I'm constantly updating my custom filter in AdBlock Plus. That isn't my question.

Paul B. Gallagher