On 12/13/2014 11:10 PM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
WaltS48 wrote:
On 12/13/2014 10:36 PM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
WaltS48 wrote:

Have you tried the "Allow cookies for the originating site only (no
third-party cookies)" setting?

I refer you to my original query, which you apparently have not read.

Slipped my mind when replying.

Did you try a test profile, visit no web sites, check cookies. What did
you find?

See the response I gave to »Q« 16 minutes ago downthread.

So you didn't try a test profile.

Okay, I started my SeaMonkey with the test profile. Had the 2 Google cookies I mentioned earlier. Cleared cookies, history, cache, and everything else I could check.

Restarted SeaMonkey with the test profile, had the 2 Google cookies again, repeated the Clear history, restart process and the 2 Google cookies come back on every restart.

Let me set "Block Cookies from This Website", the website being <http://www.seamonkey-project.org/start/>, clear history, restart and they're back. "Block Cookies from The Website" under Tools > Cookie Manager is still enabled.

Let me try checking "When removing, block the listed websites from setting future cookies" in the Cookies tab of Data Manager and using "Remove" there also. APPLAUSE! No Google cookies!

That was an adventure. :)

--
One of the millions of "Firefox makes me happy" users
<https://input.mozilla.org/en-US/feedback/firefox/>