Ant wrote:
On 2/13/2015 6:35 AM, Jonathan N. Little wrote:

I told my SeaMonkey v2.32.1's settings to ask me what to do with
downloaded HTML formatted e-mails, but for some reason it keeps going to
plain text format when I forward/re(ply/spond). I even tried forcing it
to be HTML format, but I got the same results. Am I missing something? I
have no problems composing a brand new HTML e-mail though.

What are your composition settings for that account? If it has HTML
format disabled might be the issue.

For my old POP3&SMTP e-mail server account's:

Its "Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings" -> Preferences's Mail &
Newsgroups -> Send Format is "Ask me what to do (Mail prompt you to
choose a format)". Also, I don't have any domains listed (empty) in here.

There you can set domains to send HTML or just plain text. Also in your address book your can set on a per user basis who will get plain text or html. I have it set to send both but for ones in my address book that I have set for plain text, and in a reply the compose window will switch to plain text.

Its Settings -> "Composition & Addressing" show "Compose message in HTML
format" unchecked, so I enabled it and retried but I still don't get a
prompt. :(

I don't always want e-mail repplies and forwards to be HTML/plain texts.
:/ I know in Outlook, I can change the format easily in its composer.
Can I do that in SM too?

Is it me or is SM's GUI confusing for its e-mail settings? They seem to
be all over!

A little bit I agree. Maybe the legacy of the old Communicator UI mixed with the separate apps FF & TB UI.

BTW, as posted by bdelmee, if you hold down the shift key when clicking the reply button puts you in plain text mode.

--
Take care,

Jonathan