Richard Owlett wrote on 12/03/2015 21:37:
Ed Mullen wrote:
Richard Owlett wrote on 3/12/2015 11:33 AM:
I am editing a local copy of a HTML document having links to
local text
or HTML
documents and external WEB pages.

Without leaving the editor I wish to:
    1. view the linked document.
    2. optionally save a local copy of external document
indicating when
and from
       where retrieved.
    3. optionally do cut-n-paste from the linked document.

SeaMonkey's Composer is unsuitable as it cannot open a linked
document.
As my subject line hints, lack of graphics would be a plus.

It would be convenient is if some links were not visually distinct
unless cursor was hovering their. I would also like to be able
to edit
the text displayed when hovering.

The end use would serve some function similar to a note taking app
and/or a personal wiki. I've looked a Tomboy Notes an found it
unsuitable. I'm not familiar with wiki creation software.

Comments? Ideas? Pointers?
Thank you.

When I am editing Web pages I view the page using in a browser.
The page is on a local server.  I open the source in a text
editor, EditPad Pro. I make changes, save the file, and refresh
the browser to see the changes.

The server I am running is WAMP on Windows.  Since the pages are
being viewed as though they were online all links work.

No thanks. The first paragraph of http://www.editpadpro.com/edithtml.html
explicitly states it does not meet my requirements. It costs more and does
less than SeaMonkey's Composer.

http://bluegriffon.org/ is free BUT it seems that this product is no longer maintained
-> BlueGriffon 1.7.2 released 19-jun-2013