Ray_Net wrote:
Richard Owlett wrote on 12/03/2015 21:37:
Ed Mullen wrote:
Richard Owlett wrote on 3/12/2015 11:33 AM:
I am editing a local copy of a HTML document having links to
local text
or HTML
documents and external WEB pages.

Without leaving the editor I wish to:
    1. view the linked document.
    2. optionally save a local copy of external document
indicating when
and from
       where retrieved.
    3. optionally do cut-n-paste from the linked document.

SeaMonkey's Composer is unsuitable as it cannot open a linked
document.
As my subject line hints, lack of graphics would be a plus.

It would be convenient is if some links were not visually
distinct
unless cursor was hovering their. I would also like to be able
to edit
the text displayed when hovering.

The end use would serve some function similar to a note
taking app
and/or a personal wiki. I've looked a Tomboy Notes an found it
unsuitable. I'm not familiar with wiki creation software.

Comments? Ideas? Pointers?
Thank you.

When I am editing Web pages I view the page using in a browser.
The page is on a local server.  I open the source in a text
editor, EditPad Pro. I make changes, save the file, and refresh
the browser to see the changes.

The server I am running is WAMP on Windows.  Since the pages are
being viewed as though they were online all links work.

No thanks. The first paragraph of
http://www.editpadpro.com/edithtml.html
explicitly states it does not meet my requirements. It costs
more and does
less than SeaMonkey's Composer.

http://bluegriffon.org/ is free BUT it seems that this product is
no longer maintained
-> BlueGriffon 1.7.2 released 19-jun-2013

I just finished downloading it. I'm not particularly bothered if something is no longer actively maintained. If it works, good. If it doesn't, I'll try something else. What bothers me more initially is its lack of documentation.

I gave it 5 minute try. It's unclear if it does more for me than Composer. It does things "differently" ;/ I'll give it another try after a night's sleep. 'Been long day.