On 4/17/2015 1:21 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
On 04/17/2015 12:57 PM, G. Ross wrote:
 My main computer died.  On this XP computer I installed Seamonkey 2.6.1
 but it will not run.  The message pops up "failed to initialize properly
 (0xc0000005)"  Any Ideas how to fix this.  I have uninstalled and
 reinstalled 3 times.  Same with Firefox.  So I have no browser ability
 but emails work fine on Thunderbird.  Help!

 G Ross

2.6.1 which is almost 3.5 years outdated or 2.26.1 which is more recent?
What version of Firefox?

Found this for Windows [Error message: "The application failed to
initialize properly"](https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/217134)

More here [application failed initialize properly
0xc0000005](http://www.tomshardware.com/s/application+failed+initialize+properly+0xc0000005/)

Looks like a Windows problem.

Thanks for replying, but I cannot go online to read the links. THAT is my problem.

--

G Ross