ad...@mmri.us wrote:

1) What I do not understand about 2.0, is where does it store it's data ?
1.x stored it's data in .mozilla
So where will 2.0 store it after the migration ?

Default is ~/.mozilla/seamonkey/{SALT}.default/

check the ~/.mozilla/seamonkey/profiles.ini and see where it is pointing to. Most times all I do is drag and drop the desired profile folder into ~/.mozilla/seamonkey/

~/.mozilla/seamonkey/ORIGINAL.default
~/.mozilla/seamonkey/TARGET.default

then edit ~/.mozilla/seamonkey/profiles.ini

[General]
StartWithLastProfile=1

[Profile0]
Name=default
IsRelative=1
; Comment out original auto-created profile
; Path=ORIGINAL.default
; And add pointer to your transferred profile
Path=TARGET.default

Start SeaMonkey and it will see the old profile. With conversion from 1.x to 2.x it might convert by generating an new profile in
~/.mozilla/seamonkey/
after the conversion, I don't remember. If so then the conversion would change your profiles.ini to point to the new profile.

2) They refer to registry.dat. I cannot find such a file in .mozilla
doing a grep.
This must be referring to windows only?

No I think that was used back with Netscape Communicator. I have Mozilla 1.0 (precursor to SM) in a VM and it does not a registry.dat, only NN 4.x that I also have in a VM.

--
Take care,

Jonathan