Paul in Houston, TX wrote:
cmcadams wrote:

I keep multiple partition backups on an external disk, and if
something happens,
usually because of something I did, I can revert without much angst.
Saves needing to
get fancy. I've never had anything get beyond a boot partition, that
I know of. But
if it did having the backups, plus something capable of rewriting
boot sectors,
should serve (he said, ever so confidently.) If not, there are always
flamethrowers
and holy water.

Should have mentioned that Adobe Acrobat is also a thing of the past,
and I keep my
Flashes locked down. No saving to disk, no sharing, no nothin' but
playing videos.
The three, Java, Adobe and Flash, seem to be the main players.

And Adblock Plus! Never ever forget that...

Almost the same for me.  Clone this hdd monthly then unplug the clone.
Back up & image the work computers monthly via usb.
Bluhell browser firewall, uBlock Origin, old Zone alarm firewall, two
hardware firewalls.
I don't remember what else...
I find the drama happening between the original ublock developer (gorhill) and the guy he gave the main repo to (chris) to be absolutely hilarious. never forget abp though. never thought that'd be considered a relic of the past.