Danny Kile wrote:
Mason83 wrote:
On 08/07/2015 05:05, Paul Bergsagel wrote:

Maybe the time has come to reconsider how often SeaMonkey needs to be
updated. Does SeaMonkey benefit, in the long run, with such a rapid
update schedule?  If SeaMonkey adopted a less frequent update schedule
would the net benefits be greater than if SeaMonkey continued with the
current rapid update schedule?

Funny you should say that!

https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/firefox-dev/2015-July/003063.html
http://venturebeat.com/2015/07/06/mozillas-plans-for-firefox-more-partnerships-better-add-ons-faster-updates-and-more/

So with Firefox going to a more aggressive releases dates will SeaMonkey
be able to keep up? I was hoping for a less aggressive release process.
Oh well it is what what it is we will have to wait and see.

Danny
I'm assuming it's going to stay relatively similar to how it is right now. Firefox ``releases'' will increase in speed, but the SeaMonkey community will probably just merge big security updates from ESR and leave all of the extra crap out, as usual. I don't really see any change coming in the near future to this system to be honest. Bug fixes should be the biggest priority for this community in the immediate future.