hawker wrote:
On 7/16/2015 5:23 AM, Daniel wrote:
On 16/07/2015 3:15 AM, hawker wrote:

<Snip>
I know no way to have IMAP remove the mail from the server for local
storage so I have to do it this way.

Note: I don't use (or know much about) IMAP, but I thought if you moved
a message, on your computer, to another folder, rather than your inbox,
that message was automatically deleted from the IMAP server's inbox!

It is removed from the IMAP folders inbox, but still on the server in
another IMAP folder.
The OP has only so much space so he needs to get it off the server
entirely.

Couldn't OP just create a message filter on the account's Inbox that would place a copy in some folder under Local Folders upon arrival. That way all messages automatically get a local copy. Probably want to set filter to run *after* processing junk filter. Then all he has to do is every once and a while sort Inbox by date and delete old messages which would clear out the server but he should not lose them because they were already backed up locally in Local Folders.

--
Take care,

Jonathan