Of course, you can also use the checkbox "add extension to file name"
next to the pull-down selection "Inline" for "Forwarded messages" on the
[Tools > Options > Composition > General] tab.  The added extension is
.eml.

Uhh.... in which program?

Can't find Tools | Options anywhere in SeaMonkey.

Oops!  I assumed that, since SeaMonkey incorporates the mailnews core,
it would have the same options as Thunderbird.

That is what I thought!! How old is SeaMonkey v2.33.1 and the next version's mailnews core now? SM really to get moving. I wonder what's the status of its late final version.

After you select the "As attachment" radio button at [Edit > Preferences
  Mail & Newsgroups > Composition], you need to set the preference
variable mail.forward_add_extension to "true".  Do that either via
about:config, or else enter the following in user.js:
        user_pref("mail.forward_add_extension", true);
        // add .eml extension to attached E-mails

The second line is a comment to remind you why you set the preference
variable.  The ability to annotate preference changes this way is why I
prefer user.js instead of about:config.

I think I will just use the rename to add .eml file extension method since I didn't know that was possible. Hopefully, SM will get the updated mailnews core soon. :D
--
"The great companies did not know that the line between hunger and anger is a thin line. And money that might have gone to wages went for gas, for guns, for agents and spies, for blacklists, for drilling. On the highways the people moved like ants and searched for work, for food. And the anger began to ferment." --John Steinbeck's The Grapes of Wrath Note: A fixed width font (Courier, Monospace, etc.) is required to see this signature correctly.