On Wed, 19 Aug 2015 12:53:46 -0700, David E. Ross wrote:

> Windows 7
> SeaMonkey 2.35
>
> On the SeaMonkey menu bar, go to [Edit > Preferences > Appearance >
> Fonts].  How can I translate between pixels (the settings for fonts in
> SeaMonkey) and points (the font-size unit commonly used with CSS)?  Yes,
> I know this might vary according to the size of my monitor and its
> resolution.

1.  In modern browsers, 3 points = 4 pixels (regardless of screen
    resolution).

    Modern browsers count in "logical pixels" instead of physical pixels.
    72 points = 1 inch = 96 logical pixels.

2.  Historically (but no longer), back when browsers counted in
    "physical pixels",
       3 points = 4 pixels when your screen resolution scaling was 100%  (4
physical pixels = 4 logical pixels)
       3 points = 5 pixels when your screen resolution scaling was 125%  (5
physical pixels = 4 logical pixels)
       3 points = 6 pixels when your screen resolution scaling was 150%  (6

--
Kind regards
Ralph