On 10/03/2015 06:40 PM, Robert Wyatt wrote:
I'm realizing that I wasn't terribly clear in my question.

SM 2.30 will not let me clear the password.

Every version since is broken: they don't recognize that a password has already
been set and won't let me set one. When I try to check mail, it hangs until I
force quit the app.

So after every upgrade, I downgrade back to 2.30 and keep using it.

I'm happy to test a build.

Thanks!
Robert

You aren't using the Remember Passwords extension are you?

The Remember Passwords add-on breaks password handling. Please disable or
uninstall this add-on using the Add-ons Manager.

[SeaMonkey 2.38 Release Notes]<http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey2.38/>

--
Linux Mint 17.2 "Rafaela" | KDE 4.14.2 | Thunderbird 38.2.0
One users useless feature, is a useful feature to another