Ray_Net wrote:
David H. Durgee wrote on 03/11/2015 17:14:
I seem to recall the ability in the past to access an image file in
the disk cache from the media table in the page information, but at
present I am unable to locate it.  I can of course select an image and
save it to a file elsewhere, but when I only need the file for
immediate use this requires me to take action to delete this file when
I am done with it.

Am I missing a setting somewhere?  How can I access an image file
without needing to save it outside the cache for one-time-use situations?

Dave
You may use http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/image_cache_viewer.html
and .....

When selecting a cache item in the upper pane of ImageCacheViewer, the
image is displayed in the lower pane, and you can copy the image to the
clipboard by pressing Ctrl+M.

then CTRL-V into IrfanView where you can do what you want with this image.

Hmm, that seems to provide a Windows solution. "Unfortunately," I am a linux user and need a solution I can use here.

A bit of searching found me a perl tool, but unfortunately that will only work if the browser is closed as a key file is kept in memory while the browser is operating.

Thanks for the pointer, perhaps someone else knows of a linux tool and I will keep looking myself.

Dave