Ray_Net wrote:
David H. Durgee wrote on 04/11/2015 00:55:
Ray_Net wrote:
David H. Durgee wrote on 03/11/2015 21:17:
Ray_Net wrote:
David H. Durgee wrote on 03/11/2015 17:14:
I seem to recall the ability in the past to access an image file in
the disk cache from the media table in the page information, but at
present I am unable to locate it.  I can of course select an image
and
save it to a file elsewhere, but when I only need the file for
immediate use this requires me to take action to delete this file
when
I am done with it.

Am I missing a setting somewhere?  How can I access an image file
without needing to save it outside the cache for one-time-use
situations?

Dave
You may use http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/image_cache_viewer.html
and .....

When selecting a cache item in the upper pane of ImageCacheViewer, the
image is displayed in the lower pane, and you can copy the image to
the
clipboard by pressing Ctrl+M.

then CTRL-V into IrfanView where you can do what you want with this
image.

Hmm, that seems to provide a Windows solution. "Unfortunately," I am
a linux user and need a solution I can use here.

A bit of searching found me a perl tool, but unfortunately that will
only work if the browser is closed as a key file is kept in memory
while the browser is operating.

Thanks for the pointer, perhaps someone else knows of a linux tool and
I will keep looking myself.

Dave
Could this one help ?
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/cacheviewer/

It is unclear to me what additional features this add-on offers from
the description, and given it is a FireFox add-on it would need to be
converted to run with SeaMonkey.
Sometimes there is no need for a conversion.

Does anyone have it installed and can tell me if it is possible to get
the actual full file name for a cached image file with it?
You tell me that i must install this extension on my SM to do your test ?
What will you do with this file name:
~/.cache/mozilla/seamonkey/{SALT}.default/Cache/A/32/2D35Fd01 ?
The only way to catch it into an image-program is to see it per exemple
inside https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/cacheviewer/
and do there a "COPY" then start your prefered image-program and do a
"PASTE".
Normally all image-programs are unable to open a file when this filename
did not contains an "image-extension" like .jpg.

I was not telling you to do so. I was simply asking if anyone who already had it installed could tell me in advance if it had the feature I needed.

Many programs, Gimp for example, don't mind working without an extension and inspect the file content to see if they recognize it. So while the extension makes it easier for users to determine what a file is by inspection it is by no means a requirement.

Dave