https://adblockplus.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=42381&p=142709&e=142709 says this is a known issue and fixed the dev build for its fix. :)

On 11/14/2015 10:32 AM, EE wrote:
I have noticed that I am unable to do anything with my customized filter
list in Adblock Plus these days, except delete items.  I used to be able
to edit items and add new ones, but that no longer works.  What is going
on with that?  Is it something that got changed about the extension's
behaviour, or a change in SeaMonkey?  I now have to edit patterns.ini in
the adblockplus folder in the profile to make a change in my customized
blocklist.
--
"When I was five years old, I saw an insect that had been eaten by ants and of which nothing remained except the shell. Through the holes in its anatomy one could see the sky. Every time I wish to attain purity I look at the sky through flesh." --Salvadore Dali Note: A fixed width font (Courier, Monospace, etc.) is required to see this signature correctly.