Ed Mullen wrote:
David E. Ross wrote on 11/28/2015 7:51 PM:
On 11/28/2015 10:36 AM, Ed Mullen wrote:
David E. Ross wrote on 11/28/2015 1:10 PM:
On 11/28/2015 9:24 AM, DoctorBill wrote:
I read in several places that Flash Player is
dangerous as it can allow Viruses and Trojans
into your system.
I went to Mozilla.org then this;
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/youtube-flash-player/

Is this safe to use on SM 2.33.1 ?  Using XP.
Please eschew comments on XP !

Why do all these say they are for YouTube ?
Do they work only on YouTube and nothing else ?

Danke, danke.

DB

Many others claim Flash is indeed dangerous in that it allows malware
access to your computer.  Since security vulnerabilities in Flash are
not found as frequently as such vulnerabilities in various versions of
Windows, I do not worry about that.

However, I often find Flash to be annoying.  While I have Flash
installed, I also have the Flashblock extension installed and enabled.
For SeaMonkey, get Flashblock 1.3.20 (NOT 1.5.17) from
<http://flashblock.mozdev.org/>.

You don't really need Flashblock anymore.  Just set to "Always ask" in
the add-ons manager.

I am not sure, but I think that enabling Flash from an "Always ask"
setting will enable it for all the Flash on the current Web page.  Some
Web pages have more than one Flash.  Flashblock allows me to play the
one Flash I select without playing the others on the same page.

Never seen "Always ask" to fail. No experience with Flashblock as I work
to minimize installed extensions.

With Firefox now, the click-to-play permission is per site, but not with SeaMonkey. SM still treats click-to-play as per item.