On 12/20/2015 11:01 AM, Ray_Net wrote:
Paul Gheno wrote on 20/12/2015 08:56:
Hello Dear seamonkey support reader,

I've downloaded seamonkey for a while now, using it everyday.
One of the big issue I encounter is the UI itself.

-Top menu buttons are not efficient, not really intuitive
-tabs cannot be closed in a simple way
-seamonkey "modules" like IRC Chat, Email, etc ... are hidden. This
features should appear in a usefull and easy way

They are not hidden.
They are at the left bottom side of a SeaMonkey window.

Only if the user has the Status Bar enabled under View > Show/Hide.

and also under the drop-down menu "Window"

True.

I never use tabs, because I hate tabs.

I always use tabs, they save me time opening each bookmark one by one.

They can be closed using the context menu, the "x" at the far end of the tab bar, or making an about:config change to a value of 1 for "browser.tabs.closeButtons" puts an "x" on email tabs, but not my browser tabs. Setting it to "0" didn't help, and a setting of "2" appears to hide the "x".

Glad I don't have to do any of that about:config stuff with Firefox and Thunderbird.

The topmenu is really clear - this is better than intuitive.

The top menu File, Edit, View... can be hidden the same way the Status bar appears to be hidden for the OP.

The Navigation bar can be configured to not show Text with the Icons, so Icons only may not be intuitive to some users.

There is a tool tip if the user hovers the mouse over the Icons.

If they don't see text they can right click in the toolbar and select "Settings for this toolbar" and change the settings.

You don't understand: Send, Address, Attach, Spell, Security, Save ???
Or GetMesgs, compose, Reply, ReplyAll, Forward, etc ???

Maybe they only see Icons without Text. :)

Happy Holidays!

--
Linux Mint 17.2 "Rafaela" | KDE 4.14.2 | Thunderbird 45.0a2 (Earlybird)
You don't need zero-days when machines wherever are packed with old-days.