Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
WaltS48 wrote:

Frog wrote:
I have searched and searched for a way to make messages automatically
wrap to 72 characters.  This seems to be happening more when I am
preparing a new message or when printing a message.  I have gone through
the Preferences (Mail and Newsgroups) area and they are all set
appropriately.  What am I missing?

Well, the setting for Mail & Newsgroups > Composition is for plain text
messages. The same for Display.

So you should be good if you are only composing plain text messages.

I don't see any setting to set word wrap for HTML composition.

As a rough workaround, you could create a 1x1 table with no borders or
margins and put the whole message in there. Then you could control the
wrap by specifying the column width...

Otherwise, the HTML content will fit to the recipient's window, right?

Hello Paul,

It was good to hear from you again (you have helped me many many times in the past).

You may want to read my response to WaltS48 in this thread before reading this response.

I did state in my message to WaltS48 that line wrapping was working just fine in this newsgroup. Subsequent to that message, I decided to see what preparing a normal (non newsgroup) message would do when it was not responding to another incoming message...it does not wrap in normal messages. Well, as you can see, I still have my problem to resolve. Thus, I'm now going to attempt to follow your suggestion...provided I can follow the steps to make this happen.

Frog