On 12/21/2015 04:27 AM, Mason83 wrote:
On 20/12/2015 19:04, WaltS48 wrote:
On 12/20/2015 12:31 PM, Mason83 wrote:
On 17/12/2015 20:19, Mason83 wrote:
Hello,

It's easy to see the certificate used for HTTPS connections:
load the site, then CTRL+I => Security tab

But how do I see the certificate used for SMTP TLS connections?

I would think in the Authorities tab of Certificate Manager. ???

AFAICT, the Authorities tab lists CAs, not the final certificate in
the chain?

There are about 100 entries in that list, none of which appear to be
the certificate used for the two secure SMTP servers I use.

Select the Mail account > View settings for this account > Security >
Manage Certificates...

Same thing as Edit > Preferences > Privacy & Security > Certificates.

For example, I use smtp.gmail.com, can you find what certificate SM
uses to authenticate the connection? And how any times you've used it
etc, like for an HTTPS connection?

Regards.

I did not know or forgot you could do that. Can't help with the email one.

I would think if you had all the mail you ever sent in your Sent box. That would be how many times you have used it

--
Linux Mint 17.2 "Rafaela" | KDE 4.14.2 | Thunderbird 45.0a2 (Earlybird)
You don't need zero-days when machines wherever are packed with old-days.