On 12/21/2015 03:24 PM, Frog wrote:
WaltS48 wrote:
On 12/21/2015 12:04 PM, Frog wrote:
In addition to my problem of line wrapping outgoing, I now am missing
the capability to show hidden content of an incoming message.  How do I
turn on the option to see the hidden content of a message?

What is your setting for 'Block images and other contentfrom remote
sources' under Edit > Preferences > Mail & Newsgroups > Message Display?

Remove the check mark if there is one.

I removed the check mark as suggested. This change did not re-establish
the capability I had previously.  I did have an area on incoming mail
(at the right side of the window and on the same level with the
to/from/time information)gave me the option to open hidden parts of a
message.  Messages now show up with blanks all over the
message...requiring me to click them individually to make them open. Why
did this capability disappear and how do I get it back?

Thanks for helping me with this subject.

Frog

Well, read Richard's reply and heed his advice about showing that content by default is unwise.

Maybe your Image Acceptance Policy settings under Privacy & Security > Images in Preferences.

Contrary to Richard's advice I have 'Load all images' selected.

--
Linux Mint 17.2 "Rafaela" | KDE 4.14.2 | Thunderbird 45.0a2 (Earlybird)
You don't need zero-days when machines wherever are packed with old-days.