On 01/01/2016 12:36 PM, Paul in Houston, TX wrote:
Mason83 wrote:
On 01/01/2016 07:06, Paul in Houston, TX wrote:

I will stick with 2.26.1 as long as it keeps working.
I have no need or desire for the latest.

No need? How about not being owned by a rogue website?

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/security/known-vulnerabilities/seamonkey/

Regards.

I've been on the web since 1991.  I don't run any virus shields or
active anything.  I don't click on everything that I see.
Have never gotten any vir-mal-troj's.
I scan my comps every few weeks with various scanners.
Nothing yet.

Does being exposed to those security vulnerabilities mean that your are going to get anything, or just that others could use your computer without your knowledge, and it wouldn't show up on any scans.

Would a "RSA Signature Forgery in NSS" fixed in SeaMonkey 2.29.1 show up on a scan?

Would any exploits of the over 100 security vulnerabilities fixed since 2.26.1 was released?

<https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/security/known-vulnerabilities/seamonkey/>

--
Linux Mint 17.2 "Rafaela" | KDE 4.14.2 | Thunderbird 43.0b1 (Beta)
Go Bucs! (next season) Go Pens! Go Sabres! Go Pitt!