On 1/10/2016 1:38 PM, Danny Kile wrote:
> David E. Ross wrote:
>> On 1/10/2016 8:57 AM, Danny Kile wrote:
>>> AcroRd32.exe "This program is preventing Windows from Restarting or
>>> Shutting Down. I have to go into Task Manager and end the process for
>>> AcroRd32.exe to get the PC to resume. I have uninstalled and reinstalled
>>> Adobe Acrobat Reader and Upgraded to the newest version still get the
>>> problem. Anyone know how to resolve this? Any help would be appreciated.
>>> Thank you!
>>>

>> The plugin for Adobe Reader is nppdf32.dll, not acrord32.exe.  This is
>> NOT a SeaMonkey or other Mozilla problem.
>>

> AcroRd32.exe is what gets loaded in a SeaMonkey tab when I click on a
> WEB link that contains a pdf. As long as use SM without click on a link
> with a pdf I have no problems. If open a pdf that is save it open with
> AcroRd32.exe with no problem. When I close the Reader then it closes
> completely and when I go to Task Manager it is not listed so it does
> close. It is only when SeaMonkey call Adobe does it stay open, it as if
> SM will not release it when done.

Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1 (x64)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:42.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.39

Right now, I am looking at a PDF document rendered as a link in a Web
page.  My Windows Task Manager does NOT indicate AcroRd32.exe is a
running process.

After writing the above, I terminated SeaMonkey.  My Windows Task
Manager still does NOT indicate AcroRd32.exe is a running process.

What version of Adobe Reader do you have?  Or are you using Adobe
Acrobat (the writer)?

On your SeaMonkey menu bar, go to [Edit > Preferences > Browser > Helper
Applications].  What do you see under Content Type for application/pdf?

--
David E. Ross

The Crimea is Putin's Sudetenland.
The Ukraine will be Putin's Czechoslovakia.
See <http://www.rossde.com/editorials/edtl_PutinUkraine.html>.