On 1/11/2016 11:50 AM, Danny Kile wrote:
> David E. Ross wrote:

>>> AcroRd32.exe is what gets loaded in a SeaMonkey tab when I click on a
>>> WEB link that contains a pdf. As long as use SM without click on a link
>>> with a pdf I have no problems. If open a pdf that is save it open with
>>> AcroRd32.exe with no problem. When I close the Reader then it closes
>>> completely and when I go to Task Manager it is not listed so it does
>>> close. It is only when SeaMonkey call Adobe does it stay open, it as if
>>> SM will not release it when done.
>>
>> Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1 (x64)
>> Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:42.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.39
>>
>> Right now, I am looking at a PDF document rendered as a link in a Web
>> page.  My Windows Task Manager does NOT indicate AcroRd32.exe is a
>> running process.
>>
>> After writing the above, I terminated SeaMonkey.  My Windows Task
>> Manager still does NOT indicate AcroRd32.exe is a running process.
>>
>> What version of Adobe Reader do you have?  Or are you using Adobe
>> Acrobat (the writer)?
>>
>> On your SeaMonkey menu bar, go to [Edit > Preferences > Browser > Helper
>> Applications].  What do you see under Content Type for application/pdf?
>>

> My version of Adobe Reader is Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 15.9.20069 and
> according to Adobe that is the latest if I try to update. Under [Edit >
> Preferences > Browser > Helper > Applications] I have 7 entries for
> Adobe Acrobat the one I think your asking for is application/pdf is set
> to Always Ask.
>
> I have notice that I can avoids the above problem if I close any/all
> tabs open with a pdf open and them make some other tab the active before
> shutting down, it then close down normally. But if I have a tab open
> with a pdf doc in then I have the problem.
>
> Thank you for your help.

You are using a cloud version of Adobe Reader (not "Acrobat Reader").  I
have been avoiding that because I do not use any cloud capabilities.  I
have Adobe Reader 11.0.13.17, which is non-cloud.

Using SeaMonkey, I went to "To and Across Canada: Vancouver to Montréal"
at <http://www.rossde.com/Canada_trip/Vancouver_Montreal.html>.
Scrolling down about two-thirds to the 11 August entry, there is the
link <http://www.rossde.com/Canada_trip/ltr_from_VIARail.pdf> to "An
executive answered my letter".  I opened that link -- a PDF file -- in a
new tab and returned to the "To and Across Canada: Vancouver to
Montréal" tab.  I closed SeaMonkey, just quitting without saving the
current tabs.  AcroRd32.exe does not appear in Task Manager's list.  I
shut down Windows 7 without any problems.

I suggest you remove Adobe Reader DC 15.9.20069.  Get the current
non-cloud version of Adobe Reader via FTP from
<ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/11.x/11.0.13/misc>.  The
installer for Windows is AdbeRdrUpd11013.msp.  Try it to see if you
still have your problem.

--
David E. Ross

The Crimea is Putin's Sudetenland.
The Ukraine will be Putin's Czechoslovakia.
See <http://www.rossde.com/editorials/edtl_PutinUkraine.html>.