David E. Ross wrote:
On 2/6/2016 6:34 PM, G. Ross wrote:
David E. Ross wrote:
On 2/6/2016 3:32 PM, rodney wrote:
David E. Ross wrote:
Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1 (x64)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:42.0) Gecko/20100101
        SeaMonkey/2.39

I have only one installation of SeaMonkey with five profiles.  When I
select just one of the five, I get an error banner that says:
"Your copy of SeaMonkey is old and probably has known security flaws,
but you have disabiled automated update check.  Please update to a newer
version."  None of the other profiles give me this banner.

The affected profile is the only one where "Advertise Firefox
compatibility" is enabled.  Could that be the cause of the error banner?

Do you have SeaMonkey as your home page?
Rodney

No.  I set a preference to export my bookmarks to file bookmarks.html
whenever I terminate SeaMonkey.  That bookmarks.html file is my home page.

I export mine manually for the same reason.  How did you make this
automatic?

In each of my profiles, I inserted the following into the file user.js:
        user_pref("browser.bookmarks.autoExportHTML", true);
        // automatically export bookmarks into an HTML file

The semi-colon (;) at the end of the first line is mandatory.  The
double virgules (//) indicate the second line is a comment, to remind me
why I have this.

Thank You!  It works!

--
GW Ross