Lee wrote:
On 2/6/16, David E. Ross <nobody@nowhere.invalid> wrote:
On 2/6/2016 6:34 PM, G. Ross wrote:
David E. Ross wrote:
On 2/6/2016 3:32 PM, rodney wrote:
David E. Ross wrote:
    <.. snip ..>
Do you have SeaMonkey as your home page?
Rodney

No.  I set a preference to export my bookmarks to file bookmarks.html
whenever I terminate SeaMonkey.  That bookmarks.html file is my home
page.

I export mine manually for the same reason.  How did you make this
automatic?

In each of my profiles, I inserted the following into the file user.js:
        user_pref("browser.bookmarks.autoExportHTML", true);
        // automatically export bookmarks into an HTML file

The semi-colon (;) at the end of the first line is mandatory.  The
double virgules (//) indicate the second line is a comment, to remind me
why I have this.

Note that if you leave off the semi-colon at the end of a line (or
make any other syntax error) SM quits processing user.js

The easy way to see if SM processed the whole file or not is to add
this bit at the beginning:

// make it obvious when user.js is borked
// this needs to be at the top of user.js
user_pref("00_user.js.loaded", "user.js load failed");

and this bit at the end:

// make it obvious when user.js is borked
// this needs to be at the end of user.js
user_pref("00_user.js.loaded", "yes");

The next time you start SM, check about:config has the line
00_user.js.loaded      yes

Regards,
Lee

Lee, Thank you very much for that code to test the user.js. I added it to my user.js and low and behold to my surprise it failed. I then commented out a dozen of my entry's and it work. I then proceeded to add them back until I found the corrupt. Again thank you very much.

Regards,
Danny