On 2016-02-10 4:53 PM, G. Ross wrote:
Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
G. Ross wrote:

I have used seamonkey since it was mozilla.  It seems to be getting
slower (browser).  Weather.com takes forever to load all it's little
programs and sometimes hangs, for the past month.  Mail and newsgroups
do fine.  I updated to the latest version of Seamonkey with no
appreciable speed-up.  I have Java, NoScript enabled. Flash set to
always ask.

In desperation I tried Internet Exploder for the weather.com and it pops
up almost instantaneously.

Any advice appreciated.

Clear cache and cookies and reload.

I cleared the cache and now it times out on weather.com without loading
anything.  It will load other websites.  I chickened out on clearing
cookies.

Thanks for the suggestions. I guess I will continue to use SM for
everything except for the weather.  My wife uses the same version of SM
and gets the weather fine.

My guess right now is that a firewall or anti-virus program is causing sites to load slowly.

--
Chris Ilias <http://ilias.ca>