mozilla-lists.mbou...@spamgourmet.com wrote:
Keith Thompson wrote:
Thee Chicago Wolf (MVP) wrote:
On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 10:01:31 -0500, Keith Thompson
<thompson...@gmail.com> wrote:

My ISP (WOW!) has just changed mailing securities and now I have to
use a
password on the smtp.  I cannot get the entry to take when trying to
send.  I
am using SM 2.39.  I have gone through a number of trials.  Their
requirement
is that I use no connection Security, Port 587, and Password.  I have
set the
smtp to these conditions, but the password will not enter.  I have
cleared the
password file of these and then tried the entry again.  It did not
take, but
the password was now in the password file. For some reason, it
appears that
the password file cannot communicate with the smtp.  What am I
missing here?
The mail sending was working fine until WOW changed their
requirements. Wow,
of course, wants me to change to Windows Mail and IE.  SM security is
exactly
the reason that I avoided MS Products.

Keith Thompson

See if updating to SM 2.41 from here
(https://l10n.mozilla-community.org/~akalla/unofficial/seamonkey/nightly/latest-comm-release-windows32/).

I know many ISPs killed certain negotiation if it was encrypted but it
may or may not be the same in your case. Still, it's worth a shot to
try and report back if it helped.

I updated to 2.41,but it did not help.  Same problem of not accepting
the password.

As an aside, I did install windows mail and had the same problem of not
accepting the password.  I did get a more complete error with it tho.

Unable to send or receive messages for the Wowway (kthomps7) account.
The host 'pop3.mail.wowway.com ' could not be found. Please verify that
you have entered the server name correctly.

Server: 'pop3.mail.wowway.com '
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0D
Protocol: POP3
Port: 110
Secure(SSL): No
Socket Error: 11004

The server addresses were copy and pasted from WOW setup page.

It looks like you have an extra space at the end of the server address,
which may be preventing a name lookup from working?

Mark.

Checked that and space is not there in the actual. Apparently, the error reporting app inserted that extra space.