Op 14-2-2016 om 16:01 schreef Keith Thompson:
> My ISP (WOW!) has just changed mailing securities and now I have to use
> a password on the smtp.  I cannot get the entry to take when trying to
> send.  I am using SM 2.39.  I have gone through a number of trials.
> Their requirement is that I use no connection Security, Port 587, and
> Password.  I have set the smtp to these conditions, but the password
> will not enter.  I have cleared the password file of these and then
> tried the entry again.  It did not take, but the password was now in the
> password file. For some reason, it appears that the password file cannot
> communicate with the smtp.  What am I missing here? The mail sending was
> working fine until WOW changed their requirements. Wow, of course, wants
> me to change to Windows Mail and IE.  SM security is exactly the reason
> that I avoided MS Products.
>
> Keith Thompson

I haven't seen this suggestion in this thread yet, but maybe I missed it:

Try creating an SMTP logfile. That file might actually contain some info
as to why the sending doesn't work, so we don't have to guess at the cause.

See <http://kb.mozillazine.org/Session_logging_for_mail/news> for more
information on how to setup logging. Remember to unset the variables
once you're done collecting the logsā€¦

Onno