On 21/02/2016, DoctorBill <ab...@example.com> wrote:
> I have been converting and watching YouTube vids
> converted to flv files via Keepvid.
> (FLV-Media-Player).
>
> I now want to save the files as mp3's, but it
> requires the latest JAVA plugin.  The mp3's can be
> saved to DVD and played on my digital SAYO TV.
>
> Is the new JAVA safe ?  Why is JAVA required for
> mp3 ?   I barely know enough of this stuff to use
> the Keepvid program.
>
> I hope this isn't muddled up by my ignorance....
>
> DoctorBill

Whilst you have not specified the operating system that you are using,
the full header of your message above, shows it it be a version of MS
Windows (it shows as Mozilla 5, running on Windows NT 5.1, or, the
Mozilla version for NT 5.1).

I am using a version  of Linux; UbuntuMATE 15.10, and it is relatively
easy to use, and has a Windows 95 like interface, as I have it
configured. And, it has much free software, and a much lower risk of
security breaches, than MS Windows.

One of the (many) free applications available, is a media player named
VLC, that happily plays .flv files, as well as .wmv, .avi, and, mp4
(of the MPEG family) files.

One thing that you might want to try, with your videos and your
digital television, (assuming that your television has a socket for
it, and, your computer is either sufficiently close, or, a
sufficiently portable computer, and, also has a socket for it, is
connecting your computer to your television, with an HDMI cable, and,
playing the videos on your computer, with them being displayed on the
television. I have done this, and have experienced quite good results.

--

Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."