OG wrote:

While in SeaMonkey for newsgroups (mail) I click on a posted link and
SeaMonkey opens its web browser.
Unfortunately SeaMonkey cannot handle the web page.

So how do I tell SeaMonkey Mail to open say FireFox as the defaut?

If it's just an occasional problem with a poorly coded page, simply copy the URL from the location bar, launch Firefox, and paste it into the location bar there.

If you want to make Firefox your default browser, sorry, I don't know how to do that. AFAIK SM will always launch its own browser if SM is open, even if the operating system knows to launch a different browser when you open a URL.

Paul B. Gallagher