On 7/04/2016 4:43 PM, Ray_Net wrote:
Paul B. Gallagher wrote on 05/04/2016 21:21:
OG wrote:

While in SeaMonkey for newsgroups (mail) I click on a posted link and
SeaMonkey opens its web browser.
Unfortunately SeaMonkey cannot handle the web page.

So how do I tell SeaMonkey Mail to open say FireFox as the defaut?

If it's just an occasional problem with a poorly coded page, simply
copy the URL from the location bar, launch Firefox, and paste it into
the location bar there.

If you want to make Firefox your default browser, sorry, I don't know
how to do that. AFAIK SM will always launch its own browser if SM is
open, even if the operating system knows to launch a different browser
when you open a URL.

"SM will always launch its own browser if SM is open" GRRR..... SM MUST
send the page TO the DEFAULT browser .... otherwise .. why is the use of
"default browser" if nobody respect this rule ?

Ray, it is possible to use a different browser while using SM as your e-mail/news agent, it's just a matter of finding the right pref to alter.

I'm thinking it might be *browser.link.open_external* but cannot be certain, and of course, as you're on Windows, as well as altering the SM pref, you would have to set Firefox or whatever as your default browser. And this setting would then apply all the time whilst you use a particular SM profile!

Further reading at http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:config_entries seems to indicate that *browser.link.open_external* determines what will happen if I click on a link in, say, in an MSOffice document, which is not what you want .... but I know it's there, somewhere!

Don't know!! ;-(

--
Daniel

User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:43.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.40 Build identifier: 20160120202951
or
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101 SeaMonkey/2.38 Build identifier: 20150903203501