David E. Ross wrote:
On 8/10/2016 1:36 PM, Gerry Hickman wrote:
David E. Ross wrote:
However, what I see is that the same Web page -- my own on a Web server
-- loads much slower if it is the first Web page I request right after
launching SeaMonkey.  If I clear my cache and then request it again, it
load very quickly.

Try the same test, but with google as your home page. Do you still get
slow result for first page load? I've seen low traffic web servers take
a few seconds to "wake up".

I do not think that is the cause.  My home page is an HTML file on my
hard drive.  There is no server to wake up upon launching SeaMonkey.

To clarify this specific point, did you not say "my own on a Web server" two paragraphs above?

--
Gerry Hickman (London UK)