On 9/12/2016 10:37 AM, Paul B. Gallagher wrote:
> David E. Ross wrote:
>
>> I had to create a separate SeaMonkey profile for accessing my
>> financial accounts at a bank, two credit unions, and Vanguard mutual
>> funds.  My settings for this profile might give you some idea of what
>> you might need to do.  Where I say "Normally", that reflects the
>> profile where I do most of my Web surfing.

>> Cookies from 3rd party domains allowed from which there are already
>> existing cookies and the file cookies.sqlite is marked "read-write".
>> (Normally, I allow cookies only from the requested domain; and I
>> mark cookies.sqlite as "read only".)
>
> I'm very curious about how you made this work. Under normal conditions,
> you accept first-party cookies but you prevent SM from updating the
> cookies file? How can both be true?

I first set the preference to allow ALL cookies.  I then visited the Web
sites of the financial institutions.  After that, I changed the
preference to "Allow third-party cookies for previously visited websites
only".  In that profile, I always had cookies.sqlite marked
"read-write".  Only in the profile I use for most of my Web surfing, I
marked that file "read only".

--
Donald Trump claims everyone likes him.  Does that
include his ex-wives?  How about the students who