On 10/12/2016 4:10 AM, Desiree wrote:
My ISP turned off perfectly good, working IPv6 on my Arris Surfboard
6183 modem in May due to security issues.  It was working fine on
SeaMonkey 2.40 (and Fx and Pale Moon) before it was turned off.

My ISP updated the firmware on the modem yesterday so I again have IPv6
native connectivity on Vivaldi and IE 10.  However, on SeaMonkey, and
the other gecko browsers, and old Opera 12.18, I have no IPv6

I can't figure out what the problem is... any ideas?  I have made sure
to temporarily disable any extensions, etc that could affect IPv6
connectivity.  I get a message for dslreports.com IPv6 speed test, on
SeaMonkey (new profile), that it cannot reach any IPv6 server.  The test
works flawlessly on Vivaldi using IPv6.  The sites that let you test if
you have IPv6 connectivity show NO IPv6 for SeaMonkey (and Fx, Pale Moon
and old Opera) but show full native IPv6 connectivity for Vivaldi and IE

I figured it out today when I had a refreshed mind to apply to the problem. I use a local proxy since 2001 and it works fine on IE 10 and Vivaldi if I simply bypass it temporarily (easy to do by right click on its icon in the systray and checking bypass) to use IPv6. On gecko based browsers (and old Opera) bypass is not sufficient. On these browsers, I have to go into Options/Network/Connections and actually set the connection to No Proxy (direct connection) and then IPv6 works.
support-seamonkey mailing list

Reply via email to