There's at least one security vulnerability that is missing from this NSS

There was a bugfix in NSS
to solve this issue but unfortunately it seems that this bugfix is not in
3.20.x according to the developer entries. I didn't check the code yet if the
bugfix is really missing!

So my question is why seamonkey uses still this outdated NSS version? It should
use at least 3.21.1 (that is in latest firefox esr /45.4.0/ and also in latest
thunderbird /45.4.0/)

As a workaround i can copy the nss libraries from firefox esr to seamonkey
until a security release of seamonkey let's say 2.40.1 arrives. I tried this
end i can start seamonkey with newer NSS library because they're compatible.