On 12/01/2016 08:44 PM, sean wrote:
Ant wrote:
On 12/1/2016 9:08 AM, WaltS48 wrote:
On 12/1/2016 11:59 AM, Ant wrote:
https://blog.seamonkey-project.org/2016/12/01/face-the-music/ :(

2.40 needs patched. 😈

Yep, badly!

fwiw, 2.49a2 is working perfectly for me... I'm sure our overworked and underpaid volunteers know there's no need to waste time with 2.40...

Why did Mozilla waste time quickly fixing the security vulnerability and release an update to ESR 45.5.1 and 50.0.2, and the overworked, unpaid, volunteer Thunderbird developers quickly release an update to 45.5.1 to fix the security vulnerability?

Yeah, there will always be unknown security vulnerabilities, but to not quickly fix a known one leaves users vulnerable.

YMMV

Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>
Ubuntu 16.04LTS