pconde wrote:
Thanks,

I checked  Firefox and its is the X86-64 version
"Architecture :x86_64
Package source :
MozillaFirefox-50.1.0-1.1
Media No. :1"

You are right that the Kpart  plugins is not activated in Firefox.
I didn't found in the plugins or extension of Firefox anything related to pdf.js. Maybe this version of Firefox (From OpenSuse tumbleweed) contains the pdf.js?

I added the extension pdf.js in Seamonkey and It works now.
The look of this viewer is the same as in Firefox . So I assume that this extension is also present in Firefox even is the component list of the RPM doesn't show it

Thanks for your help
Philippe

Frank-Rainer Grahl a écrit :
Plugings were blacklisted in recent x64 versions of Firefox and
SeaMonkey. You can try the i686 version. I am quite sure you are using a
i686 Firefox or it wouldn't work there too. Or it uses pdf.js the
internal pdf viewer there?

Only Flash and one or two others are whitelisted for now. All plugins
but Flash will go away in 2.50+ and Firefox 53.

FRG

pconde wrote:
Hello,

I have problem with PDF pages in Seamonkey 2.46: They are not more
displayed, I end with a grey page. In the preference ==> navigator ==>
application the only available option is "download file". I added an
external application (okular)  to display the PDF files but I prefer
to have the display in the browser;
With SM 2.40 the PDF page were displayed in the browser. ==> it was
using the Kparts plugin

In SM 2.46 the Kparts plugin is still available for other file types
but not for PDF.
If i use Firefox then the PDF files are displayed in the browser
(Firefox 50)

In the about:plugins for Seamonkey if find the Kpart plugin
"KParts Plugin
     File : libkpartsplugin.so
     Version :
     State : Enabled
     File viewer using KDE's KParts technology (2011-08-23)"

+/- 80 lines are displayed but nothing for PDF

In the about:plugins for Firefox I have
"KParts Plugin
     File: libkpartsplugin.so,libkpartsplugin.so

     Version:
     State: Enabled
     File viewer using KDE's KParts technology (2011-08-23)"

+/- 300 lines are displayed and there is one for PDF
"application/pdf    PDF document    pdf"

the second path for Firefox "/usr/lib64/browser-plugins" contains the
same plugins that exist in the first path:
hpprol2:/usr/lib64/browser-plugins # ls -l  libkpartsplugin.so
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 114848 11 déc 01:19 libkpartsplugin.so

philippe@hpprol2:~/.mozilla/plugins> ls -l libkpartsplugin.so
-rwxr-xr-x 1 philippe users 114848 11 déc 01:19 libkpartsplugin.so

I tried in Seamonkey to set the plugin "ibkpartsplugin.so"  as
application for PDF but nothing is displayed
In Firefox if I set the plugin "ibkpartsplugin.so" as application for
PDF, the PDF is displayed

Any Idea from where this is coming?

  --
Regards