Hawker wrote:
> On 12/27/2016 10:46 AM, Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:
>> The source might need some fine tuning. Maybe someone can check the
>> row counts in the content-prefs and permissions DB when it does
>> this.
>>
>> Data Manager does read all of them during start. In at least the
>> 2.39 and 2.40 versions it might have crapped out because of errors
>> early.

> If you tell me how I would be happy to. I suspect however you are
> correct and it is simply a matter of how huge some of our data bases
> are making it take a long time to do its thing. I just cleaned out
> most, but not all of the cookies and it has gotten significantly
> faster recovery time.
>
> I wish there was a way to group select and mass delete items. Would
> love to clean out the permissions tabs and other tabs faster but I
> just have too much data there to do it the way it works now.  The
> "other/older" cookie editor was much faster but only works for
> cookies.

You can also use the old password UI

<chrome://passwordmgr/content/passwordManager.xul>

to removed old saved passwords, but it would be nice to be able to sort
and mass select site permissions, preferences, and storage for some
efficient pruning. Don't want to wipe it all I have some sites that I
need to save configurations...

Also not that this was not a problem at all just a few days ago with
2.40 with same data. It just manifested as a problem with 2.46. There is
something significantly different with the upgrade.

--
Take care,

Jonathan