There's one thing I can do....and I've been avoiding it as long as I can...switch to Thunderbird. I love SeaMonkey, but want to use Copernic with my email. Thanks for the response, Frank.

Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:
Does it additionally use an add-on or is it a standalone product only.
If standalone the program itself probably needs to be changed. SeaMonkey
uses the same folder structure and format as Thunderbird. If the program
recognizes only a TB profile nothing we can do.

FRG

George wrote:
Richard, thanks for your response. My apologies for not going into
more detail about Copernic.  Here's a link to them, landing on a list
of files it will find...

http://www.copernic.com/en/products/desktop-search/file-types/

Notice it works with Thunderbird. When searching with Copernic, you'll
see an instant search result, regardless of the email folder.
SeaMonkey's search only works with one folder at a time.

What do I want that neither does nicely?  I'll have to think about
that I guess.  Take a look at the website.