On 3/15/17 1:45 PM, Alex Beauroy wrote:
On 15/03/2017 13:51, David H. Durgee wrote:
Since 9 March I have been unable to retrieve my Yahoo mail in SeaMonkey
via their POP3 server.  I have made no changes, so I assume it is a
problem or change on their end.  When I attempt to manually retrieve
Yahoo mail I get:

"The POP3 mail server (pop.mail.yahoo.com) does not support UIDL or XTND
XLST, which are required to implement the ``Leave on Server'', ``Maximum
Message Size'' or ``Fetch Headers Only'' options. To download your mail,
turn off these options in the Server Settings for your mail server in
the Account Settings window."

Of course I AM interested in leaving messages on the server in case I am
out of the office and want to check Yahoo mail.  Is anyone else seeing
this problem?  Is there an alternative POP3 server for Yahoo that does
work properly?

I seem to recall seeing this problem occasionally in the past and
thought that it occurred when Yahoo had some sort of a POP3 server crash
and failed to initially recover all functions.  But in this case almost
a week has passed and the problem still remains.& Newsgroups

Are there any other alternatives to retrieve Yahoo mail with SeaMonkey?
I have no interest in using web mail in the office.

Dave
Hi there!!!
I had this problem!!! I finally decided to remove my Pop Yahoo mail account from SM and have tried to re-add it back by using the Mail & Newsgroups Accounts settings from the Edit Menu!!
But Bingo the stuff is broken and it asks only for News group Server!!!
What should I do : I don't know!!!
It seems that this broken thing have been reported here already, but still no news about it.
Let me know what you'll get from this ........
I'm still OK with SeaMonkey since Netscape Communicator and I'm trying to resist to Firefox/Thunderbird temptation!!!
Best Regards
@lex

That is this unresolved problem.

After creating a news account through clicking a news URL, the MailNews account wizard may be broken (the account type will always be News). To work around the problem, set the mail.server.serverX.valid pref (where X is the internal number of the corresponding news account) to true in about:config, or delete the invalid news account

REF: <http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/seamonkey2.46/>

--
Visit Pittsburgh<http://www.visitpittsburgh.com/>
Coexist<https://www.coexist.org/>