On 03/16/2017 01:26 PM, WaltS48 wrote:
On 3/16/17 1:39 PM, Ray Davison wrote:
WaltS48 wrote:

The difference is, I say get the mail out of the profile and store
it in a neutral location.  Then any SM or TB can use it.

Okay, please explain the steps to do this process, especially how to
not have it in a profile.

The app, the profile, and mail all change and fail in their own ways.
Getting a new version of SM has caused a lot of trauma for some; like
"lost mail".  Why would you want to replace the profile just because
you got a new app version?  And why would you want to replace the mail
just because you got a new profile?  And why would you want to replace
any of those things just because you got a new OS version?  So I have
the OSs on an OS drive.  And apps and data on separate partitions on a
second drive.  And, they get backed up separately; mail often, profile
less, and OS hardly ever.

Richard wants to use mail with each separate browser profile he has, but
only has mail setup for Browser A as I understand it.

So, to answer your question, you must find the pieces.  To find the
profile, search for PREFS.JS and for mail/news, INBOX.  The profile is
a sub tree, and the mail is a sub-tree of the profile.   Copy the
profile tree to a neutral location and then copy the mail tree to a
different location.

That can be done and is the hard way.

In a previous post I said how to name and place profiles.  After you
have placed the mail sub-directory, go to:
Mail client > Edit > Mail and News acct settings > Account > Server
settings > Local directory > Browse

I missed that post in this thread and still can't find it.

Browse to where you placed the mail tree, and select it.  That
account, in that profile, will then manage mail in the new location.
Repeat for every mail account in every profile.

He has mail setup for the browser A profile and he wants to share that
mail between the profiles of browsers B and C when he needs one of them.
All profiles are for the same version of SeaMonkey.

Have fun

I'm sure he is. I solved the problem in two ways, both fully documented
in posts in this thread.

The more I think about it, I'd prefer my Plan B. I would open browser A,
open Mail & Newsgroups, then when I wanted to use browser B or C, type
about:profiles in the address bar of browser A, go down the list and
select either of the other profiles and click the "Launch profile in new
browser" button.

That leaves the mail window open and the user has access to both browser
windows, so if they want to do something in browser B or C they can,
then close the window and still have the window for browser A open.

Not recommended if using different versions of the application.

YMMV

Perhaps YMMV should be in the subject line ;/
I've been following the discussion but won't have time to actually DO anything until at least this weekend.

I may be doing things the "hard way" but that is at least partially by choice. In retirement I'm learning a lot about subjects I could never explore when I was working for a living.