Daniel wrote:
On 7/04/2017 3:30 PM, DoctorBill wrote:
Somehow one of my mail accounts got duplicated - it show up twice.

When I go to examine it, it says it is a "Special Account" with no
identities associated with it.

The "Remove Account" option is greyed out in the "Name" column (left
side).

Can I safely remove that "Special Account" - How ?

ALSO - - - - - - - - -

Mail opens but not in the top Message  -  just that big Announcement
thing.
How do I get it to open showing the top message ?

DoctorBill

--
If you are Russian going into the Bathroom
and Finnish leaving the Bathroom,

European......

DB, is the "Special Account" in a similar location to your other mail
account or is it somewhere totally different??

The reason I ask is that, some time ago, I received an e-mail with a
Virus attached. When my Anti-Virus scanned the file with all my e-mails
(and their attachments), it found the virus .... and moved my entire
e-mail file into its "secure" location .... which, of course, meant I
couldn't get to my other e-mails.

What I had to do was to go into my anti-virus program, to its "secure"
location (I think AVG calls it their "Vault"), get the e-mail file
returned to its correct location, and then, in SeaMonkey, empty trash
(File->Empty Trash) and compact my e-mail account (File-> Compact
Folders) to get rid of the Virus ..... and then re-scan my entire
computer to ensure the Virus was gone.

If you have re-started SeaMonkey after the Inbox has been removed,
SeaMonkey will have created a new, empty, inbox, etc., so before you
move the old Inbox back to its original location, make sure you re-name
the new files to something different so you don't copy the old files
over the new files and lose your new e-mails.

Hope this helps!

OK - sorry it took so long !  Life grabs you and takes off running !
Here is my problem Graphically:
https://s19.postimg.org/l74upx7xf/Goofy_Mail_Accounts.jpg
Hosted on postimage.  Click on the link or copy & paste - whichever works.

DoctorBill