On 5/27/17 4:15 PM, rickman wrote:
WaltS48 wrote on 5/27/2017 3:44 PM:
On 5/27/17 3:30 PM, rickman wrote:
WaltS48 wrote on 5/27/2017 3:03 PM:
On 5/27/17 2:35 PM, rickman wrote:
WaltS48 wrote on 5/27/2017 2:22 PM:
On 5/27/17 2:02 PM, rickman wrote:
rickman wrote on 5/27/2017 1:45 PM:
When I was using T-bird I could not import calendar files by clicking on
them.  If I tried it would open the file in an attachment to an
email.  In
Seamonkey it opens the file as text in the browser.

Is there a way to tell SeaMonkey to open the file in the calendar?

Also, I'm not clear on what happens when I open a calendar file through File- Open- Calendar File. It opens in the app, but it appears to use
that
file as the data repository.  How do I find out where calendars
created in
the app will be stored. When I create one and look at the properties it
just says, "moz-storage-calendar://"  Where would that be under
Windows?  It
is not an environment variable accessible by the SET command.

I think I figured out a way to do this.  I need to first create a
calendar
with the right name which creates a file in the default location. Then under Events and Tasks - Import I can load a given .ics file into that
calendar.

That is what you need to do unless you want to Import them to the default
Home calendar.

I guess the details of how a calendar is displayed don't get saved in the
.ics file.

They don't.

Any idea where these settings *are* saved?

Probably moz-storage-calendar:// wherever that is.

Funny they weren't imported with the other settings. Maybe they were but
discarded since the calendar isn't in SeaMonkey when this was imported

That bites me every time I forget to create the New Calendar before
importing. My Events end up in Home, then I have to find each event, delete
it, create the New Calendar and import again.

SeaMonkey seems to have some real issues with the calendar. Once I loaded all my calendars I got a number of alarms popping up. I tried to use the
global snooze button to make them go away and it only made *some* alerts
go away and left two.  I tried it again and one more went away.  A third
time made the final one go away.

Well, you were importing your calendars along with their reminders, that
hadn't been launched and dismissed in SeaMonkey. 😀

I'm not sure what you are saying. How does this relate to the problem of snoozing all the alarms ?

I'm not dismissing them.  I'm snoozing them.

Sorry, misread the "global snooze button" as the "Dismiss All" button.

Either way, the reminders are going to activate, once you import the calendars

--
Go Bucs and Pens!
Coexist <https://www.coexist.org/>