David E. Ross wrote:
On 5/29/2017 12:12 PM, Frank-Rainer Grahl wrote:
Brute force under Windows Vista and up:

Close SeaMonkey
Delete %localappdata%\mozilla\seamonkey via explorer.

The data there will be recreated during the next start

Just make sure its localappdata not appdata. appdata contains your profile.
FRG

EE wrote:
Henrik37 wrote:
My Anti-virus software tells me there is some malware in my SeaMonkey
2.46 cache that it could not disinfect.

How do I clear the cache files to get rid of the detected malware?

Thank you, in advance, for comments and guidance.

Go into Preferences > Privacy & Security > Private Data and check whatever
data you want cleared, then either click "Clear Now" or set "Always clear...",
and if you wish to be asked first, also set "Ask me...".

NO!!

In my case [%localappdata%\mozilla\seamonkey] is
[C:\Users\David\AppData\Local\Mozilla\SeaMonkey].  If my profile was
indeed there, deleting that would delete my entire profile, including my
bookmarks, preferences, passwords, extensions, etc.  That would be a
disaster.

However, I do not have my profiles anywhere on my C-drive.  Thus, only
my default profile would be deleted, a profile that I never use.

Local\Moz\SM profile is the cache storage.
Roaming is where the actual SM profile is kept.
Change the name of Local\Moz\SM then restart SM and see.