Sat, 3 Jun 2017 17:40:36 -0400, /rickman/:

OR... simple documentation could be created for the program. It has not escaped my or others' attention that while many software projects produce decent software, decent documentation is sadly lacking. Personally, I find the entire support network of Mozilla to be difficult to understand and navigate. SeaMonkey is no exception.

Unfortunately SeaMonkey is being developed and supported by very few volunteers in their spare time (hats off).

If someone wanted to help with development, how would you suggest that be done?

From the SeaMonkey project home page:

https://www.seamonkey-project.org/
⤷ "Community and Support" <https://www.seamonkey-project.org/community>
⤷ "Development" <https://www.seamonkey-project.org/dev/>