Each user selects which columns to show in that area, and in what order -- so
we still don't know which icon you're asking about.

To the left of the "Subject" column, I choose to place a column that shows the junk
status. I've never found the icon explanations you're looking for, but when I hover my mouse over
the icon in the column heading (maybe the one you're asking about; maybe not), a tooltip pops up
that says "Sort by Junk Status." That tooltip sure beats searching for a page somewhere
that might explain each icon.

If that's not what you're trying to figure out, try explaining more carefully
what you see and what you want to know -- we can't see what you're seeing, and
yelling at your peers doesn't get you where you want to go...

MozUser wrote:
All that jabber and I did not see where anyone could tell me the meaning of
those icons.  Are all of them defined someplace or are we just supposed to
ignore their meaning ?  I think not otherwise why would they bother to put them
up !

I am talking about the area where the unexpanded posts and expanded post trees are shown
and only the icons that are in the column just to the left of the "Subject"
column.  That's the column that has an icon in the header, under which there are only
icons.