Sync 1.5 has not been ported yet and with all the crap going on with Fx I am not sure it is a good idea anyway. You need a Firefox account and everything is tightly coupled to Mozilla. So no for official sync. You could probably still set up your own Sync 1.1 server in 2.46 to 2.49 as mentioned but the old 1.1 code has been removed by Mozilla from the backend too in the latest nightly releases.

In the long term we need to provide our own sync servers and make something work but for now don't hold your breath.

FRG